The Postgraduate Diploma in Cardiology Program is a two-year course that aims to equip physicians to provide intermediate level and emergency cardiac care to outpatients as well as inpatients in peripheral hospitals.
At the end of this program, a Dip. Card. trainee will be able to recognize common cardiac conditions, appropriately manage common cardiac conditions (including cardiac emergencies), identify patients that need to be referred for further diagnostic workup or management, become familiar with invasive and non invasive cardiac procedures.
NICVD has collaborated with Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS) for this program and upon completion, DUHS issues the NICVD Diploma in Cardiology to students.
Candidates who meet the requirements below are eligible to apply for the Dip.Card program:-
- Completed M.B.B.S. Degree
- One year house job [Recognized by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council]
- Preferable One year post house job experience
- Government employees must get a clearance from their appropriate department if admitted.
Application and Selection Process
- The positions are announced through advertisement, once in a year, November. Session starts in January.
- Selection will be purely on merit basis. Applicants may apply from all over Pakistan.
- All courses are full time training positions. No one is allowed to work with any other organization during the training period.
- Those prospective candidates who fit the eligibility criteria may download the attached "Application Form" (Link Below) and post it with required documents within stipulated time as announced in Advertisement.
- Only eligible applicants will be called for Interview/Test. No TA/DA admissible for appearing in an interview/test.
- Government employees are advised to apply through proper channels & should bring NOC at the time of interview.
- An admission fee will be charged at the time of Joining the program, which will be communicated to the selected candidates after finalizing the merit list.
[ Application Form for Fellowship & Postgraduate Doctors]
[Prospectus Diploma in Cardiology Program]
Medical Education Department, Fifth Floor, National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases (NICVD), Rafiqui (H.J.) Shaheed Road, Karachi, Pakistan.
Phone: 021-99201271 (10 Lines), Ext: 329
All Fellows & Postgraduate Trainees at NICVD are paid a standard monthly stipend which is revised as and when seen fit by the institute.