Many of the most advanced treatments for heart disease no longer require a large incision. These state-of-the-art procedures are performed with thin catheters that are inserted through blood vessels to open up clogged arteries, repair defects and prolong life.
The Department of Cardiac Catheterization at NICVD is doing a phenomenal job at adopting such minimally invasive procedures to treat patients.
With our recent ‘Primary For All’ program, our doctors have completed 1000 Primary Angioplasties for heart attacks in a matter of 120 days-quite possibly a world record.
The following interventional procedures are performed at NICVD:-
Interventional Procedures/Cardiac Catheterization
- Angioplasty [Percutaneoous Coronary Intervention(PCI)]
- Primary Percutaneoous Coronary Intervention(P.PCI)
- Percutaneous Transvenous Mitral Comminssurotomy (PTMC)
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Permanent Pacemaker Implantation (PPM)
- Temporary Pacemaker Implantation (TPM)
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT)
- Radio Frequency Ablation Arrhythmia